Saturday, April 7, 2012

This is my work about Simple Past and Present Perfect


Verb Tense Exercise 5

Simple Past / Present Perfect

Correct! Well done.
Your score is 92%.
1. A: Did you like the movie "Star Wars?"
B: I don't know. I (see, never) have never seen that movie.

2. Sam (arrive) arrived in San Diego a week ago.

3. My best friend and I (know) have known each other for over fifteen years. We still get together once a week.

4. Stinson is a fantastic writer. He (write) has written ten very creative short stories in the last year. One day, he'll be as famous as Hemingway.

5. I (have, not) have not had this much fun since I (be) was a kid.

6. Things (change) have changed a great deal at Coltech, Inc. When we first (start) started working here three years ago, the company (have, only) only had six employees. Since then, we (expand) have expanded to include more than 2000 full-time workers.

7. I (tell) told him to stay on the path while he was hiking, but he (wander) wandered off into the forest and (be) was bitten by a snake.

8. Listen Donna, I don't care if you (miss) missed the bus this morning. You (be) have been late to work too many times. You are fired!

9. Sam is from Colorado, which is hundreds of miles from the coast, so he (see, never) has never seen the ocean. He should come with us to Miami.

10. How sad! George (dream) dreamt of going to California before he died, but he didn't make it. He (see, never) never saw the ocean.

11. In the last hundred years, traveling (become) has become much easier and very comfortable. In the 19th century, it (take) took two or three months to cross North America by covered wagon. The trip (be) was very rough and often dangerous. Things (change) have changed a great deal in the last hundred and fifty years. Now you can fly from New York to Los Angeles in a matter of hours.

12. Jonny, I can't believe how much you (change) have changed since the last time I (see) saw you. You (grow) have grown at least a foot!

13. This tree (be) was planted by the settlers who (found) founded our city over four hundred years ago.

14. This mountain (be, never) has never been climbed by anyone. Several mountaineers (try) have tried to reach the top, but nobody (succeed, ever) has ever succeeded. The climb is extremely difficult and many people (die) have died trying to reach the summit.

15. I (visit, never) have never visited Africa, but I (travel) have traveled to South America several times. The last time I (go) went to South America, I (visit) visited Brazil and Peru. I (spend) spent two weeks in the Amazon, (hike) hiked for a week near Machu Picchu, and (fly) flew over the Nazca Lines.

Related Posts

This is my work about Simple Past and Present Perfect
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.